Wondering how to change languages on Facebook? Hereâ€™s how to change language on Facebook in less time than it takes to restart your phone. Itâ€™s easy and fast, and Facebook has just about any language you could want, from English variants to Spanish, German, French, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, eight Indian languages, and more.
Sometimes youâ€™ll want to fix an accidental language change, or just make a change to try learning a language, or help someone else switch to their native tongue. Whatever your reasons, it can be done in seven or fewer clicks.
Hereâ€™s everything you need to do to change your language on Facebook, and while this is in English, you can follow the same instructions and icons to switch to another language, or to English if you need.
How to change language on Facebook mobile app (Android or iOS):
- Open the app, and hit the menu button at the top right. (It should look like three short horizontal lines stacked together, and is known as the hamburger menu.)
- Scroll down to Settings & Privacy ().
- Youâ€™ll see a list including Settings, Your Time on Facebook, and Language ().Â Hit Language ()
- Choose your language. If youâ€™ve given Facebook location access, itâ€™ll prompt you with common languages in your area, rather than a list of languages in alphabetical order.
- Thereâ€™s no â€˜saveâ€™ button: one tap on a language, and youâ€™ll change your language.
- Importantly, Facebook will then reload automatically. Done!
Optional: To change back, youâ€™ll need to step through the options again.
How to change language on Facebook desktop or browser at facebook.com:
- Open Facebook, and hit the small dropdown arrow button at the far top-right ()
- Hit Settings & Privacy ().
- Youâ€™ll see a list including Settings, Privacy Checkup, and Language (). Hit Language () .
- Choose your language. Languages are in alphabetical order.
- Hit save. Facebook will reload and youâ€™ll be taken back to your Facebook homepage.
- To change back, youâ€™ll need to step through the options again.
Thatâ€™s it! Youâ€™ve now changed your Facebook language.
Finally, Facebook still has at least one fun language option you can still change to thatâ€™s unexpected: upside-down English (English (uÊ�op Ç�pá´‰sdâˆ©)). All this just you want to know a good language trick!
Related: Best Facebook apps