Anyone who uses a smartphone knows the importance of carrying a backup battery pack. But given the large number of options on Amazon, you might feel overwhelmed, understandably. Besides the various charging specs, ports, and even cables you have to consider, there are a ton of competing brands. But how do you know which ones actually deliver on their promises? Is it worth saving a few bucks if a battery packâ€™s performance is lacking?
Cheat sheet: Best power banks 2020
- Mophie Powerstation XXL: Best overall [mophie.com]
- Xiaomi 10,000mAh Mi Power Bank: Most portable [amazon.com]
- Sherpa 100AC Portable Power Bank: Best for road warriors [goalzero.com]
- Anker Powercore+ 26800 PD: Best USB-C pack with Power Delivery [amazon.com]
- RockPals 300W Power Station:Â Best portable power station [amazon.com]
We decided to do the legwork for you, acquiring a wide range of power banks from different manufacturers, some offering unique features. We then spent weeks testing the packs (read about our testing process in detail below).